Camlin Technologies is the engineering, R&D, manufacturing and operations centre for the Camlin Group.
With headquarters in Lisburn, Northern Ireland, Camlin Technologies is an international company with a combination of engineering design, research and development and support locations worldwide. The company uses industry-leading R&D, state-of-the-art test facilities, in-house manufacturing and quality control. Drawing on a distinguished 30 year heritage of developing cutting-edge technology Camlin Technologies is focused keeping our customers' needs at the core of everything we do. Responsible for product development within the Camlin Group, Camlin Technologies works closely with Kelvatek, Camlin Rail and Camlin Power to develop the next generation of products and systems for the Power and Rail industries.
From initial concepts through the development and mass production, Camlin Technologies is an engineering powerhouse that specializes in a range of key specialist areas.
Camlin Technologies is looking for software developers to join its market-leading design teams. The successful applicant can expect to join a growing development team.
Candidates for this position will become part of a dynamic team developing Linux platform elements (Bootloaders, Linux drivers, Software packages).
• Developing high quality software as well as unit and component tests within a continuous integration environment
• Developing Bootloaders, Linux drivers for custom designs.
• Integrating new packages into existing integration environment.
• Supporting other projects developed within company by providing expertise related to low level software / Linux domain area.
• Co-ordinating with the Product Owner, team members and other stakeholders to meet business objectives
• Participating in project planning sessions and providing estimates
• Understanding the product and domain in order to write technical specifications
• Configuring and maintaining release and deployment environments
• Participating in manual end to end system QA testing
• A degree in software engineering or equivalent
• At least 2 years’ experience in low level Linux development.
• Practical knowledge of debugging bootloaders, Linux kernel, cross-compilation issues.
• Good knowledge of Linux integration environments (preferably Yocto)
• Experience with one or more scripting languages (Bash, Python)
• Experience with one or more peripheral standards: I2C, SPI, PCI, PCIe, RS422, RS485, RS232, SATA, PATA, MMC.
• Knowledge of source code revision control, preferably GIT
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal
• Practical experience with Yocto integration environments (experience with Buildroot will be an advantage).
• Development experience on Ubuntu.
• Experience in testing Linux BSPs (Board Support Packages)
• Practical experience developing u-boot, Linux kernel drivers, shell scripting.
• Practical experience with debugging low level software issues using JTAG probes.
• Practical knowledge about Linux system level programming
• Knowledge about Linux filesystems for flash storages will be big advantage.
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Quality focused with an understanding of advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
• Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients
• Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment
• Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Camlin Group wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.