This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Product Owner who wishes to join a dynamic IT team. This role requires a sound knowledge of IT systems and information security along with the ability to translate business product strategy into technical requirements.
We are looking for a Product Owner who is interested in using their skills to define product strategy for IT to enable us to leverage technical solutions to deliver best in class service for our customers by liaising with the business and IT department, working with groups of business stakeholders to identify product opportunities and needs, and with the IT department for their implementation.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for the creation of product strategy, OKRs, roadmap and deliver against this by setting and validating actionable product plans. This is a technical role and you will be responsible for the definition of product strategy for several product divisions within Camlin Group, while focusing on delivering value to the client’s business.
We are looking for candidates with a strong IT systems and cyber security background who, by working with Product Managers can perform discovery, analysis and create technical roadmaps and specify requirement for a range of new and existing products. You will be working alongside the small existing team but will be expected to bring additional knowledge and experience to aid the growth and expansion of the company. This position is based in Lisburn but may require occasional visits to our other sites and offices. The successful candidate must be available for occasional travel.
• Set out the roadmap in consultation with product management and business stakeholders to meet business goals
• Collaborate with the team to document /elaborate details of user stories / requirements with acceptance criteria ensuring they are fit for purpose
• Clearly express and maintain the product backlog
• Prioritise the items in the product backlog to best achieve roadmap goals
• Interfacing IT with business stakeholders
• Balancing business demands with enterprise technology drivers
• Being the face of IT to the business
• Influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders/delivery partners
• Creation of technical product documentation
• A minimum of 5 years proven Product Management, or Product Ownership experience in an IT setting
• Have a real passion for technology and its power to drive business efficiency, value and innovation
• Experience of an IT business interface role with senior stakeholders – balancing business demands with enterprise drivers and being the face of IT to the business
• Have an in-depth understanding of the technologies in use in the Service: their strengths, weaknesses, lifecycle and competitors
• Proven track record of product planning and creating roadmaps and delivering against them
• Be able to pick up new technologies quickly
• Knowledge of modern IT systems, including physical infrastructure, cloud technologies and cyber security standards
• Have experience in writing technical documentation
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent telephone manner
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies
• Experience working in a SCRUM environment
• AWS Knowledge
• Passion for IT and cyber security
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both written and verbally, with clients and colleagues
• Quality focused with an understanding of advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
• Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients
• Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment
• Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Camlin Group wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.