The successful candidate will work in the newly established office within the Metropolitan City of Bari and will join a growing team specialized in cutting-edge AI and in delivering AI powered services. We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated and talented software engineer to lead multiple software development teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical direction and development of real time AI systems and cloud software platforms.
• Lead software teams in the development and maintenance of software product applications.
• Identify and select suitable software for time series, real time processing, cloud and web technologies and solutions.
• Develop product and systems architecture to meet business and operational requirements.
• Work with Project Management Office to plan software project schedules and costs.
• Ensure that software teams and developers are following appropriate processes and practices.
• Practical experience with time series-based data services technologies and frameworks, e.g. timescaleDB, InfluxData products, Druid, Pulsar, Spark, …
• Familiar with highly scalable latency sensitive distributed computation concepts and frameworks.
• Familiar with NoSql DBs in particular: Graphs (ArangoDB, Neo4j, …), Time Series (InfluxDB, Druid, …), and Documents (MongoDB, …).
• Familiar with Cloud and web technologies and frameworks.
• In depth experience of the software development process.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a software management or leadership role.
• Practical experience of line management, recruitment, mentoring and disciplinary activities.
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of industrial communications protocols
• Experience working in an Agile environment with continuous integration.
• A degree in software engineering or equivalent.
• A dynamic leader who can inspire and develop those around them.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude
• Quality focused, conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail
• Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Camlin Group wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.