Camlin currently has an opportunity for a highly motivated and talented software engineer to lead multiple software development teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical direction and development of embedded IoT and cloud software platforms.
• Lead software teams in the development and maintenance of software product applications.
• Identify and select suitable software IoT, cloud and web technologies and solutions.
• Develop product and systems architecture to meet business and operational requirements.
• Work with Project Management Office to plan software project schedules and costs.
• Ensure that software teams and developers are following appropriate processes and practices.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a software technical leadership role.
• Practical experience developing in C/C++ under Linux on embedded systems
• Familiar with IoT, Cloud and web technologies and frameworks.
• In depth experience of the software development process.
• Practical experience of line management, recruitment, mentoring and disciplinary activities.
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of substation and industrial communications protocols, such as Modbus, DNP3
• Experience working in an Agile environment with continuous integration.
• Familiar with yocto project
• A degree in software engineering or equivalent.
• A dynamic leader who can inspire and develop those around them.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude
• Quality focused, conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail
• Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills