This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced systems administrator or architect who wishes to join a dynamic IT team. This role requires a senior level system administrator to provide administrative support focusing on the design, specification, integration and implementation on a large-scale end user computing architecture focusing mainly on a Microsoft based platform as part of a complex distributed network. The candidate will be primarily responsible for our Microsoft Windows based systems, Office 365, SharePoint, E-mail, Teams, AD and applications, and their integration with the rest of our infrastructure. The successful candidate will take a leading role in our efforts in the design, implementation, and support of our Microsoft Windows based platforms and applications, both in the cloud and on-premise.
You will be working alongside the small, existing team but will be expected to bring additional knowledge and experience to aid the growth and expansion of the company. This position is based in Lisburn but may require occasional visits to our other sites and offices.
The successful candidate must be available for participation in the on-call rotation schedule and occasional travel.
• Planning, installing and configuring high availability systems (physical and cloud).
• Planning, designing and creating storage, networking and other system components.
• Planning, designing and implementing high availability solutions with backups / disaster recovery for each system.
• Maintaining and monitoring systems.
• Software installation and patching.
• Implementing performance tuning systems based on monitoring.
• Securing systems, networks and individual computers based on requirements and ISO27001 standards.
• Planning, implementing and controlling user and account security rights and restrictions, password and identity management.
• Create and implement the policies for the use of the computer system and network.
• Translate strategic vision into technology initiatives.
• Evaluate new technologies for inclusion into the environment and the technology roadmap.
• Identification of IT improvement areas to reduce complexity and improve maintainability.
• Alignment of technology with business goals.
• Work with stakeholders to identify enterprise level solutions.
• Develop policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology systems within the company.
• Implement Cyber Security best practices.
• Participation in the on-call rotation schedule.
• A minimum of 5 years relevant experience as a systems administrator or architect.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related is required.
• Experience with backup solutions for complex multi-system platforms and vendors.
• Expertise must include architectural design, development, migration, management and supporting MS Office 365, Teams, exchange etc.
• Windows PowerShell skills and experience is essential.
• In depth working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Active Directory management or implementation.
• Experience developing/implementing a business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
• Proven ability to develop appropriate plans to meet computing needs.
• Proven ability to lead and work on large/complex system deployment projects in a team environment.
• Advanced knowledge of security trends and best practices.
• Ability to review and design system architecture to maximize the efficient use of all MS Office 365 tools.
• Ability to create business case for deployment of tools to replace outdated tools in existence.
• Experience in creating governance policies which define new best practices and/or regulatory requirements while meeting business objectives and budgets.
• Ability to review and recommend technical, administrative and physical controls to mitigate risk.
• Excellent telephone manner. Some support will be provided over the phone
• At least 3 years of experience architecting, managing and automating Windows applications.
• At least 5 years of experience managing a windows environment of 200+ nodes.
• Experience in Windows automation with Windows SCCM, PowerShell or other automation tools highly desirable.
• Microsoft MCSA certification.
• Experience in cloud technology such as AWS or Azure strongly desired.
• Working knowledge of Proxmox, VM’s, Hypervisor.
• Knowledge of ISO27001 standards and practices is highly desired.
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
• Experience working in a SCRUM environment.
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both written and verbally, with clients and colleagues.
• Quality focused with an understanding of advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment.
• Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques.
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin and our clients.
• Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment.
• Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills.
How to apply:
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Camlin wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.