The Software Product Owner plays an important role within the Agile software development team. While not a product manager in the traditional sense, the successful candidate will manage the backlog of requirements from all stakeholders and through planning, coordination, communication and facilitation take responsibility to deliver quality software providing maximum business value.
• Understand the market, business, and products in order to make effective decisions
• Provide the product vision and direction to engineering stakeholders
• Translate high level requirements into detailed user stories with acceptance criteria
• Manage and prioritise the product backlog
• Liaise and negotiate with product management to integrate backlog with business objectives
• Act as primary liaison between stakeholders and development team, to answer queries in a timely fashion
• Work in an Agile development environment, planning iterations and releases to meet business objectives while effectively managing risk and scope and having a good understanding of the technical challenges.
• Produce customer release notes.
• A software or IT related degree
• At least 3 years’ experience as a Product owner of complex systems
• Experience working with agile methodologies in multi-team environment
• Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Good understanding of Behaviour driven development
• Experience using Jira and confluence
• Experience working in a SCRUM environment
• Certified Product Owner
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Quality focused with an understanding of advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
• Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients
• Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment
• Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Camlin Group wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.