The research group at Camlin is focussed on providing new and innovative product solutions. We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated Research Physicist to enhance our research team. The successful candidate will join a team engaged in the design and development of innovative products, rapid prototyping and continuous problem solving. It is therefore vital that the applicant has innate curiosity, a strong appetite for independent research and determination to achieve success.
• Define and provide technical leadership for research projects identified by the company.
• Responsible for contributing to the research direction and approach.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating their knowledge in respect to innovation and new technical developments within their area of research.
• Maintain contacts with colleagues within and outside Camlin, other R&D centres and universities, in order to keep track of new developments.
• The coordination and implementation of complex research and development activities.
• Develop and implement new research ideas and experiments.
• Prototyping and experimental validation of component models and new product designs.
• Provide regular feedback to management.
• Physicist, engineer or related discipline educated to Ph.D. level.
• Proven ability to pursue research independently.
• Experience with spectroscopic techniques.
• Proven problem-solving skills.
• Willingness to develop new skills necessary to achieve business goals.
• Initiative and creative ways of working.
• Good English language skills: written and oral.
• Knowledge and practical experience of Optical Engineering.
• Experience in an industrial R&D setting.
• Programming skills.
• Experience in data analysis.
• Knowledge of Labview, Zemax, Mathematica, Mathcad, Comsol.
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Quality focused with an understanding of advances in modern technology and how this affects the business environment.
• Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques.
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin and our clients.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Camlin wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.