The Camlin Group is a privately-owned holding company with a range of separate businesses in the engineering and scientific market sectors. Our aim is to expand our product portfolio by in-house development and acquisition. We have over four decades of successful history in the Electric Utility industry and have been responsible for a range of innovative and widely adopted solutions across global markets.
Camlin Power designs, manufactures and supplies a range of innovative products to the power industries and is part of the Camlin Group which is a privately-owned holding company with a range of separate businesses operating in the engineering and scientific market sectors. The company has many elements combining industry-leading R&D, state-of-the-art test facilities, in-house manufacturing and quality control, dedicated customer technical support and sales.
At Camlin Power, you will be working directly with experienced field engineers as well as collaborating with a multi-disciplined engineering team. The aim of the Camlin Power Intern role is to both challenge you and support your career development.
• Work as part of the Camlin Power Global Field Service team to provide solutions and remote support to both customers and Field Service Engineers
• Learn in-depth diagnostic skills about the Camlin Power HV Product Line
• Creation of work instructions
• Performing root cause analysis (RCA) on issues reported in the field
• Potential opportunity to gain on-site experience by working with Field Service Engineers during installation and commissioning visits in many different locations around the globe.
• The ideal candidate should be studying towards a degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
• Must possess a safety mindset to assure the work completed reflects the technical requirements within industry safety standards.
• Must have good customer service skills and be able to interact confidently with customers.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Good computer skills including Microsoft Outlook / Excel / Word.
As some travel may be required, a current passport and driver’s license are desired.
• Knowledge of DGA products and technology, HV transformers and related equipment.
• Good project management skills and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
• A good team player capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Quality focused.
A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients
o Due to the volume of applications, not all applications will receive feedback.
o This position will be a 1-year placement opportunity.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Camlin Group wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.