Camlin is the engineering, R&D, manufacturing and operations center for the Camlin Group.
With headquarters in Lisburn, Northern Ireland, Camlin is an international company with a combination of engineering design, research and development and support locations worldwide. The company uses industry-leading R&D, state-of-the-art test facilities, in-house manufacturing and quality control. Drawing on a distinguished 30-year heritage of developing cutting-edge technology Camlin is focused keeping our customers' needs at the core of everything we do.
From initial concepts through the development and mass production, Camlin is an engineering powerhouse that specializes in a range of key specialist areas.
Camlin is looking for software developers to join its market-leading design teams. The successful applicant can expect to join a growing development team. While being able to work closely with others he or she will also need to demonstrate the ability to work independently.
The Java / Web application developer will be responsible for the implementation of new features within a document management and change control system developed in house. This will involve working in a team to develop software and unit tests following an agile methodology.
• Developing high quality software as well as unit and component tests within a continuous integration environment
• Co-ordinating with the Product Owner, team members and other stakeholders to meet business objectives
• Participating in project planning sessions and providing estimates
• Understanding the product and domain to write technical specifications
• Configuring and maintaining deployment environments
• Participating in end to end system QA testing
• Investigating new technologies and continually improving and updating their technical knowledge and skills
• Minimum 2:1 degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience in o¬¬¬bject-oriented programming using Java and Java EE technologies
• Experience in relational databases e.g. MySQL
• Familiarity with popular IoC-centric frameworks like Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Hibernate/JPA
• Knowledge of the RESTful APIs concept and principles
• Knowledge of web servers and deployment on Linux platform
• Experience using source code revision control, preferably GIT
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal
• Experience developing with AngularJS
• Experience with the Eclipse IDE for software development.
• Experience with web application UI/UX design and development using popular frameworks such as Bootstrap
• Experience writing unit/functional tests using libraries like JUnit, Mockito, etc
• Experience in functional programming using Java 8 or other languages
• Experience working in an Agile environment with Continuous Integration and Deployment
• Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux Operating System(s)
• Knowledge of Microservices, Containerisation, Cloud services
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Quality focused with an understanding of advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
• Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients
• Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment
• Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills.
*Camlin’s graduate roles are for an initial period of 18 months.
*Due to volume of applications, not all applicants will receive feedback
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Camlin Group wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.