The successful candidate will work in the newly established office within the Metropolitan City of Bari and will join a growing team specialized in cutting-edge AI and in delivering AI powered services
As Java / Web application developer, the successful candidate will become a member of a dynamic team developing innovative middleware and applications for various product lines in real time AI, Analytics, and Data-Driven products. She/he will be responsible for the implementation and support of new and existing web applications for internal or external customers. This will involve working in a team to develop software and unit tests following an agile methodology.
• Developing high quality software as well as unit and component tests within a continuous integration environment
• Co-ordinating with the Product Owner, team members and other stakeholders to meet business objectives
• Participating in project planning sessions and providing estimates
• Understanding the product and domain to write technical specifications
• Configuring and maintaining deployment environments
• Participating in end to end system QA testing
• Investigating new technologies and continually improving and updating their technical knowledge and skills
• Minimum 2:1 degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience in object-oriented programming using Java and Java EE technologies
• Experience building Java based web applications using Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Hibernate/JPA
• Experience developing RESTful APIs
• Experience writing unit/functional tests using libraries like JUnit, Mockito, etc
• Experience in relational databases e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL
• Working knowledge of web servers and deployment on Linux platform
• Knowledge of source code revision control, preferably GIT
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal
• AngularJS / Angular 2+, Node.js
• Experience with the Eclipse IDE for software development.
• Experience with one or more scripting language e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby
• Experience with web application UI/UX design and development using popular frameworks such as Bootstrap
• Experience in functional programming using Java 8 or other languages
• Experience working in an Agile environment with Continuous Integration and Deployment
• Experience with NoSQL databases e.g. MongoDB, Neo4j
• Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux Operating System(s)
• Knowledge of Microservices, Containerization, Cloud services
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Quality focused with an understanding of advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
• Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients
• Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment
• Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Camlin Group wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.