The Camlin Group is a rapidly expanding technology company who are seeking to recruit top talent for our head office in Lisburn, UK. If you are interested in a rewarding career with a company developing cutting-edge technology the Camlin Group is interested to hear from you.
With headquarters in Lisburn the Camlin Group is locally and privately owned, and listed in the Sunday Times 100 Fastest growing UK Tech companies in 2013. The Camlin Group has technical centres of excellence in global locations, including Krakow, Bologna, Copenhagen, Quebec and Lisburn. Our design work encompasses the highest level of digital electronics, DSP, software & firmware, mechanical engineering, applications and field engineering. We have thousands of devices meauring multi-dimensional data at sample rates ranging from 1Hz to 100MHz. We also have in-house research in vacuum technology, plasma physics, ionic fluids, laser physics, nano technology and more.
We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated Data Scientist who is looking to use Machine Learning to provide new insights into large time series datasets. You can expect to be engaging with a range of technologies to build effective, robust and sustainable machine learning models which support improved acquisition and give new insights and understanding of the underlying trends and physical phenomena. As the Data Scientist you will tasked with manipulating and processing large datasets, and be responsible for developing data analytics to provide a data-driven understanding of customer behaviour that helps shape the strategic roadmap of the business and customer propositions, and ultimately improves profitability of our customers.
• Select appropriate machine learning techniques to provide commercially viable applications
• Build, deploy and optimise machine learning models which meet strategic business needs
• Develop requirements for data acquisition and storage to support machine learning applications
• Collaborate with internal technical teams to deliver efficient data flow
• MSc in a Data Science or Analytics field
• Python programming and analytics skills
• Good data manipulation skills required including cleaning, managing, merging data.
• Deep knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques, building data sets and engineering features
• Experience applying statistical methods, predictive analytics and machine learning
• Experience working with high volume, high dimensional and time series data
• Experience with interrogating databases including use of SQL
• Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as neural networks, SVMs, clustering, anomoly detection etc.
• Knowledge of common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, Scikit-learn, Keras, Tensorflow etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
• Quality-focused, conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills
• Ability to work independently, and collaborate as part of a wider technical team
*Camlin’s graduate roles are for an initial period of 18 months.
*Due to volume of applications, not all applicants will receive feedback
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Camlin Group wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
*Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, not all submissions may receive feedback.