A trusted technology partner, Kelvatek supports and efficient operation of distribution networks. Our innovative solutions and industry expertise help keep the lights on for consumers and businesses 24/7/365.
We combine cutting-edge engineering and powerful data analytics to deliver end-to-end fault location, network health monitoring and asset management services that deliver transformative value for energy operators. This is supported by our nationwide network of connected smart devices, giving customers an unparalleled picture of their operational performance.
The responsibilities for a Field Support Engineer include:
Reporting to the Field Support Team Leader your duties will include providing field support on all aspects of Kelvatek’s products and customers in the UK.
• Responsible for meeting daily customer support needs and driving customer satisfaction.
• Customer Training and follow up including on-site visits.
• Equipment demonstration, assistance with video documentation & prep for device manuals.
• Preparation of field reports and documentation on a timely basis.
• Review logs for open issues and prepare formal reports for customers as necessary.
• Assist the SAPIENT team with technical and operational issues
• Assess product/equipment performance based on field data; recommend modifications or improvements.
• Provide industry feedback to the business
• Provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
• May participate in site surveys and site meetings.
• Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written.
• Travel within the UK, and work hours other than 9-5 Monday-Friday may be required.
• ensure compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
Also, as and when considered necessary or appropriate, you are liable to transfer to or undertake other duties, within competence and within reason, in order to meet fluctuations or priorities in work demands.
• Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related HNC/HND
• Minimum of 2 years previous experience in providing engineering field services/training or prior experience within an electrical utility, electrical and mechanical systems including low voltage switchgear.
• Must possess a strong safety mind-set as site attendance may be required. Assure the work completed reflects the technical requirements within industry safety standards
• Must have strong customer service skills and have the ability to interact confidently with customers and be able to provide training on equipment and products.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. A background in training would be very beneficial.
• Good computer skills including Microsoft Outlook / Word / Powerpoint
• Clean driving license
• Willingness to start early and finish late as required.
• Occasional stays away from home
• Technical skills and knowledge of LV switchgear and automated power systems
• 2-3 years’ experience of working on Low Voltage power systems (<1000V)
• BS7671 17/18TH Edition certification
• Good project management skills and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to program devices via supplied instructions, cables and software
• A good team player capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
• Quality focused
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Kelvatek and our clients
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Camlin Group wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.