Camlin Power designs, manufactures and supplies a range of innovative products to the power industries. We have over four decades of successful history in the Electric Utility industry and have been responsible for a range of innovative and widely adopted solutions across global markets. Our regular customer base includes a vast range of major electricity utilities across the globe.
We are seeking Field Installation Technicians to support our continued expansion of our customer base. The Field Installation Technician will also provide field support and consultation such as acceptance testing, commissioning, and troubleshooting of High Voltage Transformer Monitoring Equipment. The Field Installation Technician will maintain all field service logs, records and filing systems to properly initiate, organize and maintain all field service and job files until work is completed. When not on travel, the individual will aid the team and conduct follow up calls with the customers to check system status.
1. Installs, commissions and maintains HV transformer monitoring equipment in the field; provides customer training as required.
2. Documents all inspections & installation work and submits paperwork in a timely basis.
3. Orders, installs, and returns parts as required.
4. Reviews all logs for open issues and prepares formal reports to customers as necessary.
5. Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated.
6. Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
Summary: This individual must be able to demonstrate hands on experience of installing electro-mechanical systems. This is a practical role requiring installation of cabinets, electrical wiring and plumbing. They must be team oriented and flexible, and actively seek to share information and assist his or her peers.
• Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering qualification or experience equivalent to minimum 2 years’ experience in an engineering environment.
• Must have strong customer service skills and have the ability to interact confidently with customers and be able to provide training on equipment and products.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Good computer skills including Microsoft Outlook / Excel / Word
• Willingness to work additional hours and the flexibility to work weekends as required; able to travel to customer locations up to 70% of the time within France, limited international travel as and when required, therefore a current passport and driver’s license are essential.
• Previous experience within the electrical utility industry with HV electrical and mechanical systems.
• Prior field engineering experience with installation and maintenance programs for transformer monitoring equipment is preferred.
• Good project management skills and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• A good team player capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Possess a strong quality & safety mindset to assure the work completed reflects the technical requirements within industry safety standards.
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Power and our clients.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Camlin Group wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.