This is an exciting opportunity for an IT Desktop Support Technician who wishes to have the opportunity in the future to progress their role with the IT department, to join a dynamic IT team, to help shape the future of our IT solutions and help to support our customer base, both directly and indirectly.
You will be working in a team with broad ranging skills and will be required to demonstrate self-motivation and self-learning, with an appetite to continually improve your skills with support from your peers. The main purpose of the role will be to provide 1st/2nd line support to the company’s employees and to provide support in all areas of IT, with a focus on windows administration skills.
The role will support both software and hardware and be mainly desktop support, thus communication skills, people skills and organisational skills are essential.
This role will ideally suit a candidate with a passion for IT and who is motivated to learn new skills by interaction with peers and through self-learning to enhance their skills.
• Tier 1/2 support for workstations, and cross-platform services
• Working within a Microsoft environment, you will have responsibility for Windows desktops ranging from Windows 7 to Windows 10
• Regular deployment of essential tools used by our staff in Camlin
• Troubleshoot issues related to performance, authentication, and permissions, in a cross-platform environment
• Supporting IT aspects of divisional projects to help ensure smooth and timely delivery
• Working with internal users and external support to resolve issues
• You will be able to demonstrate your skills and be a first-class communicator who is always well presented
• Excellent understanding of the technical fundamentals
• The ability to work between several departments as well as working on several technical issues at the same time
• The ability to work under pressure during the event of an IT related emergency
• Demonstrate a passion for IT and the ability / desire to learn new skills quickly
• Have at the minimum a sound understanding of networking fundamentals
• Excellent telephone manner, there will be a requirement for support to be provided over the phone.
• Degree in Computer science / software engineering or equivalent
• Excellent Windows 7/8/10 troubleshooting ability
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both written and verbally, with clients and colleagues
• Quality focused with an understanding of advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
• Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients
• Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment
• Motivation to provide high quality services and systems and learn new skills