Camlin Italy srl, conceives and develops intelligent embedded systems for the acquisition and processing of information, operating mainly in the fields of artificial intelligence, computer vision, audio and signal processing, also on embedded platforms.
Whom are we looking for…
We are looking for computer scientists expert in modern Computer Vision (CV) based on the most recent machine learning (ML) approaches such as deep learning (DL) for object detection and texture analysis, to join our fast-growing multidisciplinary team. You will have the opportunity to contribute in creating new products and services fusing cutting-edge MV, ML, image processing and embedded systems, applied across various industrial and biomedical projects with top level industrial partners.
• You will be responsible for the design and production-grade implementation of CV-based systems, ML-powered and often hosted in embedded systems.
• You will be co-responsible for the validation and implementation of ML-based models for CV.
• You will be co-responsible for the implementation of the algorithms on high-end embedded platforms such as Jetson TX2 from Nvidia
• You will collaborate in drafting patents, scientific papers, project proposals and reports
Place of work and benefits
• You will join a team of 10+ enthusiastic engineers, scientists and researchers
• A full-time open-ended contract with paid vacation and sick days
• High-end Linux laptop or workstation with root access
• Informal working environment and a team of young motivated professionals with experts in different fields
• Continuous learning by attending to company organized lectures and self-time to experiment
• New top floor office close to the historical centre of the city
• Lodging and relocation contribution to Parma (Italy) (some limitations may apply)
We offer a competitive salary based on the experience and skills
• Master degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or Mathematics or other relevant technical field (PhD is a plus)
• At least 2 years of industry or open-source backed SW development in the fields of computer vision, image processing (texture analysis, statistical methods are a strong plus), with modern frameworks (such as OpenCV) and programming languages (C, C++, Python, CUDA)
• Background in Machine Learning theory and previous coding experience with modern frameworks (Keras, TensorFlow, PyThorch, ...) is a plus
• Knowledge and previous experience in ROS (Robot Operating System) is a plus.
• Team working capabilities and flexibility but also strong autonomy in working by objective
• Good communication skills in English
• Has contributed to open-source projects in computer vision and feels at home with Git+JIRA+Confluence tools
• Feels the “need” to write high performance production quality code and build elegant class structures
• Enjoys optimizing algorithms for modern multi-core CPU with GPU embedded devices such Jetson TX2 and parallel multicore processors such as PULP. In other words, feels at home with cloud, fog, edge computing
• Is open minded and enjoys approaching complex problems with a multi-disciplinary approach