We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to join our International Product Management team.
The role will act as domain expert on substation and energy system architecture, device integration, data flows & communication enabling the customer to develop a holistic vision for monitoring solution.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager, the Automation Engineer will work across the company business sectors including Sales, Field Service, Engineering and Compliance to make sure the product can be successfully deployed and communicate in the customer network environment through standard protocols.
• Act as communication Domain Expert, reviewing customer ‘s requirements for the integration of IED in the communication network and creating a suitable solution working together with Product Management team.
• Work with the colleagues in Product Management and Engineering to devise requirements for NPI developments.
• Identify and articulate relevant technology.
• Incubate the application of new technologies through research and proof of concept use cases.
• Program third party RTU and PLC devices
• Be responsible of the IED configuration depending on the product selection
• Be responsible for testing commercially available RTUs, simulate customer network configuration and test IED integration in the infrastructure
• Visit client site to collect data and analysis existing conditions
• Degree/Diploma in Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering, or Computing Sciences from an accredited college or university.
• Strong knowledge of Power System ad Substation Control &Protection Applications and Architectures for the Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Industrial segments
• Proficient in computing technology
• Proficient in IEC61850 communication protocol
• Prior experience with SCADA devices including protective relays, communications processors, and terminal services.
• Working knowledge of common substation transmission communication architectures.
• Willingness and ability to travel approximately 20% of time if required
• Experience with DNP3, OPC UA, MODBUS, MQTT protocols
• Experience in software development
• Expert knowledge in Windows domain design, configuration, and administration
• Project leading attitude in agreeing project timescales and specifications with clients and engineering and ensuring that objectives and deadlines are met
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Excellent organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with customers and colleagues.
• Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership, commitment and customer focus.
• Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to work with innovative solutions.
• Able to work and travel to the United States and globally on business in line with business needs.
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the challenges facing Camlin as it grows internationally.