We are seeking a Service Technician for our Chicago, IL office. This position is an important role and is at the front line assisting our customers at every stage including start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, quality controls, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems, trouble shooting and repairs.
• Debug and test electronic circuits – digital and analogue
• Troubleshoot and repair electronic and electro-mechanic equipment
• Provide technical product support
• Ensure a high level of customer service
• Provide feedback from customer relating to product support and development
• Stock management and logistics
• Other duties as required
• Electronic Engineering qualification – Associates Level Minimum
• Computer Literacy - good knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and email packages including Microsoft Outlook / Excel / Word
• Experience with operating systems such as Linux/Unix to a user level
• Experience in programming embedded devices
• Familiar with the concept of databases, servers and networks
• Good soldering skills in surface mounted and plated through hole PCB’s
• Experience in electronic and cable loom assembly
• Ability to accurately interpret electronic schematic diagrams along with working knowledge of electronic components
• Approachable and able to communicate effectively
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team
• Role may require international travel to headquarters for training
• 3 years’ experience in a related role
• A full driver’s license
• Familiar with working conditions at a substation
• Proven experience using industry standard test equipment
• Travel within North America may be required and have a willingness to work additional hours and the flexibility to work weekends as may be required.
• A good team player capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Quality focused.
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients.