Camlin Group currently has an opportunity for a highly motivated and talented senior software engineer to lead multiple software development teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical direction and development of embedded IoT and cloud software platforms.
• Lead software teams in the development and maintenance of software product applications.
• Identify and select suitable software IoT, cloud and web technologies and solutions.
• Develop product and systems architecture to meet business and operational requirements.
• Work with Project Management Office to plan software project schedules and costs.
• Ensure that software teams and developers are following appropriate processes and practices.
• Familiar with IoT, Cloud and web technologies and frameworks.
• In depth experience of the software development process.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a software management or leadership role.
• Practical experience of line management, recruitment, mentoring and disciplinary activities.
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Employment is subject to right to live and work in the UK.
• Knowledge of substation and industrial communications protocols.
• Experience working in an Agile environment with continuous integration.
• A degree in software engineering or equivalent.
• A dynamic leader who can inspire and develop those around them.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude.
• Quality focused, conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail.
• Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills.