Camlin is a privately-owned holding company with a range of separate businesses in the engineering and scientific market sectors. Our aim is to expand our product portfolio by in-house development and acquisition. We have over four decades of successful history in the Electric Utility industry and have been responsible for a range of innovative and widely adopted solutions across global markets.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Project Manager or Scrum Master to join a dynamic and fast paced software development team, to help shape the future of our market leading software solutions.
The Software Project Manager / Scrum Master plays an important role within the Agile software development team. The successful candidate will manage a range of projects through initiation and planning through to delivery and release. They will have responsibility for delivering quality software on time and within budget providing maximum business value. Responsibilities include:
• Preform Scrum Master duties in an Agile software development environment, planning sprints and releases to determine MVP to meet business objectives while effectively managing risk and impediments for the team while demonstrating a good understanding of the technical challenges.
• As a software project manager, liaise and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders to determine scope, requirements, schedules and budgets, employing resource and risk management strategies.
• Manage the product backlog and produce an estimated and prioritised list of clear and concise user stories with acceptance criteria.
• Gain high level of understanding of the domain, product and system architecture.
• Collaborate closely with software development team and other engineering colleagues, to answer queries in a timely fashion.
• Produce project plans, roadmaps and project status reports to effectively communicate project information and status.
• Degree in Computer science / software engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a Project Manager.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a Scrum Master or Product Owner.
• Good understanding of software development life cycle, processes and technologies.
• Working Knowledge of Agile Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment.
• Certified Scrum Master or Product Owner.
• PMP or equivalent project management certification.
• Experience working as a software developer.
• Good knowledge of relational database principles.
• Experience in C++, C#, Java or any other OOP language.
• Experience managing multiple projects concurrently.
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Quality focused with an understanding of advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment.
• Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques.
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin and our clients.
• Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment.
• Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills.
Camlin wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.