The research group at Camlin Technologies is focussed on providing new and innovative product solutions for the core businesses of the Camlin Group.
We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated Research Physicist to enhance our research team. The successful candidate will join a team engaged in the design and development of innovative products, rapid prototyping and continuous problem solving. It is therefore vital that applicant has innate curiosity, a strong appetite for independent research and determination to achieve success.
• Define and provide technical leadership for research projects identified by the company.
• Responsible for contributing to the research direction and approach.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating their knowledge in respect to innovation and new technical developments within their area of research.
• Maintain contacts with colleagues within and outside Camlin Technologies, other R&D centres and universities, in order to keep track of new developments.
• The coordination and implementation of complex research and development activities.
• Develop and implement new research ideas and experiments.
• Prototyping and experimental validation of component models and new product designs.
- Provide regular feedback to management.
• Physicist, engineer or related discipline educated to Ph.D. level
• Proven ability to pursue research independently
• Experience with spectroscopic techniques
• Proven problem solving skills
• Willingness to develop new skills necessary to achieve business goals
• Initiative and creative ways of working
• Good English language skills , written and oral
• Experience in an industrial R&D setting.
• Programming skills.
• Experience in data analysis.
• Optical engineering knowledge
• Knowledge of Labview, Zemax, Mathematica, Mathcad, Comsol
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Quality focused with an understanding of advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment.
• Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques.
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients.