With headquarters in Lisburn, Northern Ireland, Camlin is an international company with a combination of engineering design, research and development and support locations worldwide. The company uses industry-leading R&D, state-of-the-art test facilities, in-house manufacturing and quality control. Drawing on a distinguished 30 year heritage of developing cutting-edge technology Camlin is focused keeping our customers' needs at the core of everything we do. From initial concepts through the development and production, Camlin is an engineering powerhouse that specializes in a range of key specialist areas.
Camlin is looking for software developers to join its market-leading design teams. The successful applicant can expect to join a growing development team in Krakow. While being able to work closely with others he or she will also need to demonstrate the ability to work independently.
The Java / Web application developer will be responsible for the implementation and support of new and existing web applications for internal or external customers. This will involve working in a team to develop software and unit tests following an agile methodology.
• Developing high quality software as well as unit and component tests within a continuous integration environment
• Co-ordinating with the Product Owner, team members and other stakeholders to meet business objectives
• Participating in project planning sessions and providing estimates
• Understanding the product and domain to write technical specifications
• Configuring and maintaining deployment environments
• Participating in end to end system QA testing
• Investigating new technologies and continually improving and updating their technical knowledge and skills
• Minimum 2:1 degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience in object-oriented programming using Java and Java EE technologies
• Experience building Java based web applications using Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Hibernate/JPA
• Experience developing RESTful APIs
• Experience writing unit/functional tests using libraries like JUnit, Mockito, etc
• Experience in relational databases e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL
• Working knowledge of web servers and deployment on Linux platform
• Knowledge of source code revision control, preferably GIT
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal
• EU Passport holder
• AngularJS / Angular 2+, Node.js
• Experience with the Eclipse IDE for software development.
• Experience with one or more scripting language e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby
• Experience with web application UI/UX design and development using popular frameworks such as Bootstrap
• Experience in functional programming using Java 8 or other languages
• Experience working in an Agile environment with Continuous Integration and Deployment
• Experience with NoSQL databases e.g. MongoDB, Neo4j
• Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux Operating System(s)
• Knowledge of Microservices, Containerization, Cloud services
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Quality focused with an understanding of advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
• Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients
• Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment
• Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills.