Camlin is a privately-owned holding company with a range of separate businesses in the engineering and scientific market sectors. Our aim is to expand our product portfolio by in-house development and acquisition. We have over four decades of successful history in the Electric Utility industry and have been responsible for a range of innovative and widely adopted solutions across global markets.
Camlin aims to develop the next generation of exciting and cutting-edge products and systems for the power industry.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Network and Security Engineer who wishes to join a dynamic IT team. This role requires a sound knowledge of networking technology, systems and information security along with being able to support operational policies and procedures as part of a complex distributed network.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting and upgrading both the internal network and remote networks. This is a highly technical role and you will be responsible for providing networking support and design, while focusing on looking for new vulnerabilities, collecting data, creating rules based on the systems and blocking networks depending on attacks. We are looking for candidates with a strong security background who can discover, analyse and address security issues, preform risk assessments, and create secure network designs.
You will be working alongside the small existing team but will be expected to bring additional knowledge and experience to aid the growth and expansion of the company. This position is based in Lisburn but may require occasional visits to our other sites and offices. The successful candidate must be available for participation in the on-call rotation schedule and occasional travel.
• Supporting all network and security infrastructure (LAN/WAN, Firewalls, WAF, etc.)
• Perform troubleshooting of network alerts on supported technology platforms
• Analyse and determine security requirements, research information security standards, conduct system security and vulnerability analysis and risk assessments
• Identifying security gaps and find the solution to enhance security systems
• Implementing new systems and continuous improvement
• Design, manage and monitor an event and threat management system spanning multiple locations
• An ability to present and explain the security feature of the Camlin infrastructure to potential and existing customers
• Perform daily tasks and provide clear and concise updates to internal teams and external clients
• Engage with providers to ensure ongoing reliable service delivery
• Participation in the on-call rotation schedule
• A minimum of 5 years relevant experience as network engineer.
• Experience in either Web Application Security or Network security
• Good understanding of Firewalls and Network Infrastructure
• Knowledge of LAN / WAN / WLAN Management
• Understanding of storage networks and data centre technologies
• Be able to pick up new technologies quickly
• Experience with OWASP testing Guide / Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual
• Knowledge of networking protocols, the network stack and DDoS attacks and defences.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related
• Ability to review and recommend technical, administrative and physical controls to mitigate risk.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral in English.
• Excellent telephone manner. Some support will be provided over the phone.
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
• Experience working in a SCRUM environment.
• AWS Knowledge.
• CCNA or CISSP qualified or working towards this
• Passion for networking and cyber security
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both written and verbally, with clients and colleagues
• Quality focused with an understanding of advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
• Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin and our clients
• Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment
• Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Camlin wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.