The successfully appointed Mechanical Design Engineers will join a highly skilled and dedicated team engaged in the design and development of innovative products, rapid prototyping and continuous problem solving. The candidate will be responsible for delivering cost-effective detailed mechanical design solutions for new products and enhancements to existing products to the agreed technical requirements, timescales and budget.
The candidates must have broad knowledge of mechanical engineering and be able to identify the best technical and pragmatic solution to complex design problems including dynamic mechanisms and electro-mechanical systems.
• Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs, while complying with industry standards and regulations.
• Creating and maintaining bills of materials and working with Purchasing to identify appropriate suppliers.
• Ensuring that products will perform consistently in specified operating environments.
• Identifying and implementing design modifications following prototype test results.
• Evaluating mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
• Employing product design principles to ensure designs considers the needs of all users
• Ensuring mechanical design compliance to customer and quality requirements.
• Selecting mechanical components in line with technical requirements
• Liaising and providing support to other engineering functions and lab testing including; stress and thermal analysis activities.
• Take part in design reviews, creating specifications and test plans.
• Keeping the Project Manager informed / apprised of work activity/scheduling and work progress.
• The successful candidate will have experience planning own work and working with limited supervision, the ability to write technical proposals and engineering reports and to provide estimates of engineering costs and timescales to support bid and programme activities.
• Undergraduate degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical engineering
• Good knowledge of CFD and CAD
• Ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to work
• Good communication and able to convey results clearly through presentations / reports
• Good knowledge of MS office suite
• Be eligible to live and work in in the UK
• Postgraduate degree in CFD (eg. M.Eng, PhD)
• More than 3 years’ experience with Ansys CFX, Fluent or Discovery AIM and with Solid edge
• More than 3 years’ experience in an engineering role, producing a good standard of technical drawing
• Be able to assess CFD simulations for quality, and accuracy of results
• Having a continued interest to learning
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to present evidence / ideas in excellent English, written and oral
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Experience working in a team-orientated, collaborative environment