We are seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer to support the continued expansion of our customer base in Europe. You will be based in France, preferably in the Lyon area. Traveling will be required across European countries and occasionally international travel to customer sites, meetings or to train customers, install equipment and provide hands-on troubleshooting. This position assumes an exciting key role by being the front line assisting our customers at every stage including start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. We’re looking for people who think clearly, communicate effectively, and love seeing a project to completion.
- Installs, services and maintains HV transformer monitoring equipment in the field; provides customer training as required.
- Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction.
- Assesses product/equipment performance based on field support data; recommends modifications or improvements.
- Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
- Ensures compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
Summary: This individual must be able to demonstrate strong electronic repair troubleshooting methodology and maintain high technical level of product knowledge.
• Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical Engineering qualification is preferred or possess experience equivalent to minimum 3 years’ experience in field service or hands on engineering role.
• Minimum 2 years’ previous experience in providing engineering field services or prior experience within an electrical utility industry, or within electrical and mechanical systems.
• Must have strong customer service skills and have the ability to interact confidently with customers, to provide training on equipment and products.
• Fluent in spoken and written French and English.
• Camlin Power can only offer contracts of employment to applicants who are legally authorized to work within Europe.
• Technical skills and knowledge of DGA products and technology, HV transformers and related equipment.
• Prior field engineering experience with installation and maintenance programs for transformer monitoring equipment is preferred.
• Good project management skills and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Competence in spoken and written German, Portuguese or Spanish will be advantageous
• A good team player capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Possess a strong quality & safety mindset to assure the work completed reflects the technical requirements within industry safety standards
A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Power and our clients.
• Willingness to work additional hours and the flexibility to work weekends as required; able to travel to customer locations up to 70% of the time, across Europe as well as travel internationally as and when required, therefore a current passport and driver’s license are essential.