The research group at Camlin Technologies is focussed on providing new and innovative product solutions for the core businesses of the Camlin Group. We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated Research Physicist to enhance our research team. The successful candidate will join a team engaged in the design and development of innovative products, rapid prototyping and continuous problem solving. It is therefore vital that applicant has innate curiosity, a strong appetite for independent research and determination to achieve success.
• Understand domain and product requirements in order to design, develop and test high quality C/C++ software running on embedded platform with RTOS
• Provide associated unit and functional tests within a continuous integration environment.
• Participate in agile process collaborating with Product Owner, team members and other local or international stakeholders
• Produce clear and concise design documentation
• Participate in manual end to end system integration testing
• Provide Support and maintenance for existing software
• Degree in Computer science / software engineering, or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years C/C++ development experience for embedded platforms
• Practical experience using real time operating systems.
• Knowledge of source code revision control, preferably GIT
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal
• Development on 32 bit microcontroller (Atmel, Analog device blackfin), running an RTOS
• Experience developing low level device drivers on embedded hardware
• Experience using unit test frameworks e.g. TUT, Google Mock
• Experience using scripting languages, preferably python
• Familiarity with networking protocols such as TCP/IP, ZigBee and CAN
• Code maintenance for “product quality” projects (Static code analysers, Code refactoring)
• Familiarity with embedded hardware design
• Familiarity with digital signal processing algorithms and methods including FFT, digital filters, re-sampling
• Familiarity with control theory (PID controller etc.)
• Experience working in an Agile environment with continuous integration.
• A strong team player with determination and capability of meeting objectives under pressure
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients
• Quality focused, conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment
• Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills .