The Camlin Group is a privately-owned holding company with a range of separate businesses in the engineering and scientific market sectors. Responsible for product development within the Camlin Group, Camlin Technologies works closely with Kelvatek, Camlin Power and Camlin Rail, to develop the next generation of exciting and cutting-edge products and systems for the power industry.
Drawing on a distinguished 40-year heritage of developing cutting-edge technology, we are focused on keeping our customers' needs at the core of everything we do. The extensive range of products includes underground fault location; distribution fault management & conditioning; circuit breaker analysis; safety critical equipment; auto-reclosing systems for distribution and rail signal networks and more.
Due to our continued growth plans, a number of new exciting opportunities have arisen within our production department in Cookstown for a new talented and experienced Production Cable Assembly Operative.
• Responsibility for build and test of cable assembly to the highest standards
• Assembly of range of cable and wiring products to meet daily production and quality targets
• Using standardised techniques, tools and practices contribute to the product / continual process improvement effort.
• To report regularly and to make suggestions to address daily lost production time and issues.
• To follow ESD protection requirements.
• To promote and follow lean manufacturing processes.
• Accurate record keeping.
• Communicate quality and productivity improvements.
• 2 years previous experience in a demanding production assembly environment.
• 2 years previous experience in Electrical / Electronic or Mechanical assembly production.
• Good IT and Administration skills.
• Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Mechanical or Manufacturing qualification such as (BTec/ONC/OND or higher)
• Cable crimping/soldering qualification such as IPC 610, IPC 620
• Previous experience in lean manufacturing principals
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Quality focused
• Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients