The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effective procurement of electronics, electro-mechanical materials and components from an international supplier base. You will liaise with engineering colleagues to translate their material requirements to the supply base and negotiate best cost and delivery with suppliers.
In addition to this candidates must have or be able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, use your own initiative to organise and prioritise workloads and have good communication skills.
• Procurement of proto-type materials, tools and ensuring that all items on Bills of Materials are ready for the start of each development build.
• Proactively negotiating with suppliers to ensure the price and delivery dates and achieving the correct balance.
• Creation and maintenance of BOMs within prototype development stage in conjunction with Engineering.
• Monitoring delivery dates of prototype BOM material and track material arrival into stores.
• Development of batch costs to support the pilot build phase and finalisation of cost for project reviews
• Fully skilled in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Working knowledge of the procurement system and processes.
• Able to understand technical drawings.
• Fluent written and oral English language.
• Good negotiating skills and the ability to achieve the best outcome for the company.
• Ability to prioritise your own work schedule.
• Ability to work on their own initiative as well as a member of a team.
• A good team player / team leader and capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Quality focused.
• Ability to be flexible in hours of work and a positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients